Skip to main content

24in48: February 2021 Edition


I’m so thrilled this readathon is back (and this weekend!). I was a little worried it wouldn’t be so I have no complaints about the change in format or anything else. This is one of my favorite readathons, short and sweet but incredibly productive in terms of my TBR so it’s a definite win win for me.

On the list for this round are quite a few books that have been lingering in progress since I blew through a bunch of books at the start of the year, including a couple that are due back during the readathon. The potential readathon TBR includes:



PAGE COUNT


TITLE

START

CURRENT

TOTAL

DATE DUE

Lose Your Mother

22


255

Feb 5th

Notes on a Silencing

28


290

Feb 6th

We Keep the Dead Close

0


512

Feb 17th

The Power Worshippers

200


260


A Problem from Hell

10




Japanese textbook of some sort

?




Grass (graphic novel)

0

Mar 3rd

Moomin, book 1

0

Mar 3rd

The Arab of the future (1978-1984)

0

Mar 3rd

As yet undetermined audiobook

0

?



The other potential reads for the readathon are my unstarted January TBR books: A History of Scotland and Love After Love. 


Along with the change in format of the readathon comes a lessening of the pressure to read the full 24 hours and the need to make a decision about how many hours I’m aiming for. I think for now I’ve settled on 14 to 16 hours between the two days. Twenty four hours is four to six too many for me, the last few hours every day turned into a bit of a slog, so while I’m hoping to enjoy the entirety of my reading I’m also hoping to be able to keep on top of my to do list, something that usually gets a bit neglected during the readathon.


There isn’t much other housekeeping this round. I don’t have many specific goals except for possibly to add in a fiction book or two to break things up. I don’t have any specific projects I’m hoping to accompany my reading either although my current list of knitting projects is long enough that I’m sure I could find something.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaser Tuesday - April 14th

"My mother would never let the hearth die in her home," Margret said. She felt Agnes turn to look at her, but didn't meet her gaze. "She believed that as long as a light burned in the house, the Devil couldn't get in. Not even during the witching hour." Agnes was quiet. "What do you believe?" she asked eventually. Margret extended her hands towards the flames. "I think a fire is a useful thing to keep a body warm," she said. - Burial Rites by Hannah Kent Teaser Tuesday is  hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading . For other contributions click here .

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday because Becca 's quote from Catcher in the Rye makes me wonder what my  problem with that book is. Teaser Tuesday is  hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading . Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve  given! The various images bounced against each other until she felt a desperate vertigo, as if she could at any moment pitch backward and plunge head first down the well shaft and drown there, the sky far above her, her last vision but a bright circle set in the dark, no bigger than a full moon.  (p. 49) --  Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier

Vancouver 2014: Camping!

Camping is one of those things that's hard to share via picture, moving or still.  It's so much about the experience, the stars overhead, the springy soft ground underfoot, the wind on your face, that first pure hint of morning light, meals cooked by fire and ember. Sure there are the stories you tell, the ones around the campfire and down at the lake, and the ones you tell after, but it's not the same.  Stories can conjure memories and emotions but they can't make the sun shine or moths fall from overhead lights.  Okay, maybe the last one, moths are sneaky, but the rest, these personal moments and experiences, they're a lot harder to convey.  I'll leave it at I had an absolutely amazing time, despite the lack of nonrock based floors and comfortable chairs, I would have turned right around and done it again.  The lack of technology was restful and the presence of that much nature was restorative.  We mostly relaxed but I did get to see some amazing sights and