Skip to main content

101 in 1,001 Goal List

I figured since the other day was the one year mark in this project I should post a bit about it here. I'm going to start out by posting the list of goals below, any further discussion will end up in another post.

The goals that are completed are crossed out. For now, relevant dates can be found in my monthly snapshot posts. Greyed out goals are ones that have been changed, the current wording/goal will be found below it. Goals in italics are long term goals I'm working on or goals I'm hoping to complete by the end of 2014. Headings are in bold (and italics).


Travel and Activities [09/21]
Places.
 Prince Edward Island
Australia
Yellowknife
Vancouver
Portland

Banff or Jasper
Victoria
Adirondacks

Activities.
See a play in Stratford
See Vienna Teng in Concert
Watch a play in a local theatre
 
Go apple picking
Rent a cabin in the woods
Have a geeky sleepover
Host a dinner party
 Attend a reenactment
Host a game night

Food and Cooking.
 Make pumpkin donuts
Make a grain free/low carb turkey sandwich
 
Make sushi

Miscellaneous.
 Come up with 101 things for this list



Mutlmedia and Languages [03/15] 
Reading. 
Read a graphic novel or manga series
 Watch a complete anime series 
Read 290 books
Read all the books I own

 Read books that I own: 20% ebooks, 30% hardcopy
Catalogue my books 
Read all the books on a 'best of' list

Writing.
Write a novel
Write a short story a week for a year

 Have a piece of writing published
Choose an album and write a story inspired by each song
Write 300K

Make a recipe book

Languages. 
Read a book written in Spanish in Spanish
Watch a movie in French (no subtitles)

Film and TV.
Make a list of my favorite actors' appearances (keep updated) 
Finish the book and tv series that I've started
Follow up on and/or finish all the book and tv series I've started as of project start



Connecting (with People/Life) and Documentation [09/24]
Experiences.
Ride a horse
Go to the drive in
 Do some volunteer work
Go camping
Spend a rainy day in PJs watching films

(Re)Learn how to eat with chopsticks
Get my ears pierced
Take an adult ed class
Record a chapter for librivox

Documenting.
Make a list of the 100 best experiences
Make a list of family/friend's birthdays
Volg once a week for a year
Document a day in my life once a month
Post a travel vid for every city I visited in 2013
Keep a sentence a day journal
Take a photo a day for 6 months
 
Write a letter to myself to be opened in 1001 days

Connections.
Write a "letter" to someone each week 
Spend a day alone with my sister
Spend a day with a child under three

Research my family tree
Blog once a week 
Decide what to do about my blog(s)
Write a living will



Around the House [04/21]
Homesteading. 
Learn how to replace cane/rush seats
Make a permaculture plan for the yard
Can/preserve at least 25% of my winter food 
Source food more locally
Start a compost/worm bin
Plant an herb garden
Join a CSA
Start a pressed flower notebook
Learn to ID the 20 most common flora and fauna
Raise chickens for eggs
Grow/produce my 5 favorite foods for the last 5 years

Simplifying.
Fit all of my craft supplies in one dresser 
Knit, sew, or thrift my clothes for a year
Own only clothes that I love
Define my personal style
Organize my harddrives


Financial.
 Pay off debt
Save at least 27.5K 
Save more (20% of earnings)
Make a retirement plan
Reopen my etsy shop
Sell handmade goods on or offline
Have my own apartment
Find a job I love



Handicrafts and Music [00/11]
Handicrafts.
Sew a duvet/quilt cover
Sew a colonial or civil war era costume
Spin enough wool for a hat/pair of socks

Design and Photography.
 Turn an inspirational quote into art or home decor
Take a photo for every letter of the alphabet
Scan all my film photos

Enter a photography contest

Music.
Play the clarinet weekly for 6 months
Learn 5 songs on the piano

Learn 5 songs on the guitar
Learn to play the dulcimer



Physical and Mental Health [03/08]
Exercise.
Yoga 5 times a week for a month
 Exercise 2 times a week for 6 months

Sanity.
Meditate 2 times a week for 6 months
One day a week unplugged for 6 months
Make a list of simple things that make me happy
Spend one weekend unplugged

Learn to finish a project before taking on a new one
Don't overcommit
Trust myself more (listen to my instincts)

last updated: 08/06/2014

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. \o/

      I'm trying! I'm pretty pleased with my progress but I was hoping for a bit more, as always lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Teaser Tuesday - April 14th

"My mother would never let the hearth die in her home," Margret said. She felt Agnes turn to look at her, but didn't meet her gaze. "She believed that as long as a light burned in the house, the Devil couldn't get in. Not even during the witching hour." Agnes was quiet. "What do you believe?" she asked eventually. Margret extended her hands towards the flames. "I think a fire is a useful thing to keep a body warm," she said. - Burial Rites by Hannah Kent Teaser Tuesday is  hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading . For other contributions click here .

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday because Becca 's quote from Catcher in the Rye makes me wonder what my  problem with that book is. Teaser Tuesday is  hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading . Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve  given! The various images bounced against each other until she felt a desperate vertigo, as if she could at any moment pitch backward and plunge head first down the well shaft and drown there, the sky far above her, her last vision but a bright circle set in the dark, no bigger than a full moon.  (p. 49) --  Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier

Vancouver 2014: Camping!

Camping is one of those things that's hard to share via picture, moving or still.  It's so much about the experience, the stars overhead, the springy soft ground underfoot, the wind on your face, that first pure hint of morning light, meals cooked by fire and ember. Sure there are the stories you tell, the ones around the campfire and down at the lake, and the ones you tell after, but it's not the same.  Stories can conjure memories and emotions but they can't make the sun shine or moths fall from overhead lights.  Okay, maybe the last one, moths are sneaky, but the rest, these personal moments and experiences, they're a lot harder to convey.  I'll leave it at I had an absolutely amazing time, despite the lack of nonrock based floors and comfortable chairs, I would have turned right around and done it again.  The lack of technology was restful and the presence of that much nature was restorative.  We mostly relaxed but I did get to see some amazing sights and